Note: State Human Resources and agency representatives recently completed the HR Management Report Improvement Project recommendations. See Announcements for more information.
To be a competitive employer, it is vital that state managers engage in management practices that build and reinforce a competent, productive, and inspired workforce.
The HR Management Performance and Accountability system measures and monitors the state's workforce management practices toward achieving this ultimate outcome.
In addition, the HR Management Performance and Accountability system emphasizes the use of data and factual information to:
Logic Model and Measuring Performance
- Identify and anticipate HR management issues impacting delivery of state services
- Enable data-driven HR management strategies and solutions
- Improve processes and recognize HR management successes
Washington's Accountability for Workforce Management's Logic Model outlines the desired initial, intermediate and ultimate outcomes associated with the following five primary responsibilities:
The performance measures contained in the Human Resource Management Report are derived from this logic model.
Human Resource Management Report
Executive Branch agencies with more than 100 employees submit a Human Resource Management Report to State Human Resources at the end of each fiscal year. Agency reports include:
- Analysis on key workforce successes, challenges, and strategies
- Analysis on select statewide workforce measures, Affirmative Action Employment plans, and workforce-related executive orders
- Agency-tracked data on employee performance and development plans for inclusion in the Statewide HR Management Report
The statewide HR Management Report includes performance measure data for all Executive Branch agencies, as well as a summary of the state workforce as a whole.
Using a combination of agency HR Management Reports and the statewide HR Management Report, State Human Resources compiles a statewide HR Management Roll-up
Report that is available to all agencies and the public on the Statewide HR Management Report
For agency information on preparing HR Management Reports, see HR Management Report Process.