Types of Employment
- Classified positions are subject to civil service law RCW 41.06 or similar statutory provisions.
- Most classified positions are represented by collective bargaining units.
- Washington Management Service (WMS) positions are classified; however, they are not represented.
- At-will positions serve at the pleasure of the appointing authority.
- At-will positions are not represented.
|Description||Number of Employees|
|Factors contributing to percentile changes from previous reports: new bargaining units, budget reductions, and additional clarifying coding.|
|Classified Non Represented||8688|
|Classified WMS Non Represented||4303|
|At-Will (Mgr and Non Mgrs)||3294|